From: Michael Haubenwallner <michael.haubenwallner@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] heya
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 19:52:20
1 On Fri, 2007-05-18 at 16:41 -0500, Jason Pepas wrote:
2 > Emanuele Gentili wrote:
3 > > Hello people,
4 > >
5 > > I'm happy to contribuite in gentoo-prefix :P
6 >
7 > me too.
8
9 If I understand you right: Maybe you want to start with prefix-launcher
10 wiki[1], although noone else on this project uses it (yet ;), AFAICT).
11
12 Release 1.0 should be able to bootstrap an eprefix on x86-linux,
13 x86-solaris and eventually ppc-aix, although prefix-launcher itself
14 should build on hppa-hpux, sparc-solaris and eventually ia64-hpux too.
15
16 In general (especially x86-interix), you might want to try svn trunk[2],
17 but python still dumps core there after successfully emerging initial
18 portage (yeah, with local keywording and profile tweaks, as there's no
19 tree support yet).
20
21 [1] http://prefix-launcher.wiki.sourceforge.net/
22 [2] http://prefix-launcher.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/prefix-launcher/prefix-launcher/trunk/
23
24 /haubi/
25 PS: Please excuse that I'm lazy in writing docs...
28 gentoo-alt@g.o mailing list