From: Dirk Tilger <dirk@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Re: Case-sensitive filesystem
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 07:16:53
1 On 2006-11-21, Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 21-11-2006 10:56:21 -0700, Nathan wrote:
3 >> So, I noticed that my filesystem on my MacBook Pro isn't set to be
4 >> case-sensitive. What's the easiest way for me to make it case
5 >> sensitive? I have about 100GB of junk already and have to use the
6 >> machine for my daily work...
7 >
8 > You have only one partition, right? In that case, just ignore it. I
9 > removed the offending licence at the time it gave problems, and am using
10 > an case IN-sensitive filesystem for the prefix installation itself, and
11 > have no problems. So I'd say go for it.
12
13 Hi Fabian and everyone else,
14
15 I just ran into some problems and found this thread while researching. I
16 ported =dev-php/PEAR-PEAR-1.6.2 to prefix on my system and noticed that
17 they try to create an executable shell script "pear" in a directory that
18 has already the "PEAR" subdirectory.
19
20 For myself I could get around with just renaming that "pear" script to
21 its original name "pear.sh", but since this script might be called from
22 other ebuilds I'm wondering what the right approach would be to get that
23 change "upstream".
24
25 What's Gentoo's policy for life on a case-insensitive filesystem?
26
27 Dirk.
30 gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list