From: Alexander Kellett <a@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: Launchd plists, anyone?
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 12:36:54
sorry for the lame contentless reply... hope positive feedback is welcome.

i like this idea specifically a lot, and in general the addition of
start scripts (currently i'm just starting mysqld on the command line
each time i reset my mac, which is quite frustrating).

launchd is very blackboxish to me, while i know gentoo start up
scripts well. maybe a hybrid approach could be found without too much
code dup that is ideal for either?