List Archive: gentoo-alt
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
Hi Prefix users on AIX!
(how many do we have right now?)
Another round in introducing "soname" support on AIX - now done in gcc-4.2.4.
Due to usr/bin/aixdll-query being used by preserve-libs feature, but written in C++,
as well as another portage bug ignoring executables for preserved-libs, switching the
gcc-libraries to the "aix-soname" style breaks your AIX prefix.
More details in http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=213277#c22
Either you start over from scratch, or try this upgrade path:
1) cp usr/powerpc-ibm-aix*/lib/gcc/libstdc++.a lib/ # to keep aixdll-query working
2) emerge --sync
3) emerge -1 portage # for the preserve-libs portage bugs
4) emerge -1 gcc-config gcc # for libgcc_s.so and libstdc++.so
5) emerge -e @system @world # to list executables into NEEDED.XCOFF.1
6) rm lib/libgcc_s.a lib/libstdc++.a # clean up orphaned files
Sorry for the inconvenience!
Gentoo on a different level