From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Possible Math Problem - Request For Verification
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 01:11:39
On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 17:22:41 -0700
Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:

> > Like Marc's results I do not see the cabsd failure. This machine is an > Intel i7-980x Extreme running Gentoo 64-bit mostly stable. >
Thanks for doing these tests. I appreciate it very much. Since both of you see the same results, my machine must be messed up somewhere and I'll have to do some digging. Floating point performance seems to have improved dramatically on Linux since this test was released in 1995. The original source code (not my patched version) contains the 1995 test logs from Linux and other machines and the results are terrible. But other machines (like SunOS) aced everything. Another good test is paranoia: http://people.sc.fsu.edu/~jburkardt/c_src/paranoia/paranoia.html Linux used to flop during some portions of this test but now it gets a perfect score. Frank Peters