From: "Thomas Rösner" <Thomas.Roesner@××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] replacing manually installed subversion with portage version?
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 14:54:29
1 Drew Kirkpatrick wrote:
2 > The data is actually stored on our raid, I would assume that simply
3 > removing the version he installed and emerging subversion would dot it
4 > since I believe the actual data is stored in the directory structure
5 > itself. But I wanted to get a sanity check before I blow away our
6 > subversion database in an uncaffeinated state :)
7 >
8 > Any thoughts, tips, or gotchas?
9
10 Be sure to compile in berkley db support if your repo is old enough to
11 use it. Apart from that, SVN is one of the less brittle packages to
12 update. But yes, make backups :-).
13
14 Regards,
15 T.