From: Wil Reichert <wil.reichert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Browsing speed problems - possibly flash related
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 13:34:15
1 On 12/29/06, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
2 > "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net> posted
3 > 200612281559.21743.bss03@××××××××××.net, excerpted below, on Thu, 28 Dec
4 > 2006 15:59:15 -0600:
5 >
6 > > On Thursday 28 December 2006 10:01, "Mark Knecht" <markknecht@×××××.com>
7 > > wrote about '[gentoo-amd64] Browsing speed problems - possibly flash
8 > > related':
9 > >> Is this a firefox-bin thing? Maybe I should build firefox from
10 > >> source?
11 > >
12 > > Good luck getting flash to work if you do that. :P
13 >
14 > Oh, it should be no problem, as long as one is building a 32-bit firefox,
15 > presumably in one's 32-bit chroot, following the Gentoo/amd64 32-bit
16 > chroot guide.
17 >
18 > Of course, if one is building a standard 64-bit firefox and expecting the
19 > 32-bit flash shared object plugin to work in the 64-bit firefox process
20 > address space, then one is in for a bit of disappointment, but that's only
21 > common sense so should be expected and go without saying. =8^P
22
23 64 bit firefox & 32 bit plugins, heard of nspluginwrapper? =) WIP &
24 I've seen varying reports of success from different people, but it
25 works well for me.
26
27 As for the web page in question, I see the exact same behaviour Mark
28 describes on my system. Sounds more like a windows / linux thing than
29 a 32 / 64 bit thing. Just guessing tho.
30
31 Wil
32 --
33 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list