From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: NVidia - advice!
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 12:21:41
1 Richard Fish posted
2 <7573e9640601111317tf3bc470w655eae7a2a27136@××××××××××.com>, excerpted
3 below, on Wed, 11 Jan 2006 14:17:36 -0700:
4
5 > On 1/11/06, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
6 >> to render HTML for security reasons. I'm told that with gmail, you
7 >> can't disable the HTML option globally or for a specific address, only
8 >> for each message. That's unfortunate, but as you can see, raw HTML
9 >> doesn't look very nice, so please remember to do so.
10 >
11 > You were lied to, or gmail has been fixed. You just click "plain text"
12 > above the compose window, and every message you compose from that point
13 > onward defaults to plain text, until you click Rick formatting.
14
15 Thanks for the correction, then. It's entirely possible I misunderstood
16 the no global thing, and they meant only that it couldn't be disabled per
17 address, as in, when sent to a mailing list, but not for ordinary mail.
18 If that's the case and it does global but not per address, it was probably
19 my misunderstanding of what I was told, so my fault.
20
21 In any case, glad I had it wrong on the global HTML thing, as I was rather
22 disappointed in GMail if it couldn't do that.
27 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
28 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
32 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list