From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] emerge system set list
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 15:05:15
With the newer versions of portage (2.2.x) you can do emerge -pve @system On my box it returned a result of 439 packages. Seems high, but... You can temporarily move /var/lib/portage/world to some other name. With the world file gone there's nothing to install to satisfy the @world set. With this setup I did emerge -pve @world and got a result of 439 package, so at least there is agreement. Now, I don't truly believe all of these 439 packages are necessary to complete @system as my 32-bit Gentoo VM only has 174 packages in @world. Go figure, and don't forget to move the world file back again... ;-) HTH, Mark