From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] kdepimlibs requiring -kdeprefix?
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 14:54:13
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2
3 > with kdeprefix everything lands in /usr/kde/<version> which is cool and
4 > usefull
5 >
6 > without kdeprefix everything ends in /usr which is stupid and hurts you if you
7 > want to try different kde versions - or have several versions installed so you
8 > can always go back easily when the newest one breaks. But it is FHS compliant.
9 >
10 > At the beginning gentoo was 'screw stupid standards, do the sensible thing' -
11 > but in the mean time the 'if there is a standard we have to adhere to it no
12 > matter how idiotic' crowd has got way to much power.
13 >
14 > So k9copy wants the flag set in a special way and depends on kdepimlibs. Thank
15 > the devs for the mess.
19 So, in other words, I HAVE to set this USE flag for kdepimlibs? Why
20 would k9copy be dependent on that?
24 Frustra laborant quotquot se calculationibus fatigant pro inventione
25 quadraturae circuli
26
27 Mark Haney
28 Sr. Systems Administrator
29 ERC Broadband
30 (828) 350-2415
31
32 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support