From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] How To Play WMV?
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 00:09:34
1 Daniel Iliev wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > My google digging wasn't helpful this time. Perhaps I can't find the
5 > right search keywords. ;-(
6 > On a 32bit gentoo system appropriate codec comes with
7 > "media-libs/win32codecs" and such movies can be played by mplayer. On
8 > amd64 mplayer can't be emerged with "USE=win32codecs", because the flag
9 > is disabled by the profile.
10 >
11 > Please, advise me how to set up an amd64 based system to play clips of
12 > "*.wmv" format or send me a link to some information on this subject.
13 >
14 > Thanks in advance!
18 Guys,
19
20 Since it happens that I'm the OP in this thread I feel myself kind of
21 responsible for the thread. So I'd like to most kindly bring your
22 attention on two things:
23
24 1) The thread served its purpose. I'm very happy and thankful for the
25 help and the answers.
26
27 2) I really (I mean it) enjoy the discussion "thread drift -
28 slaveryware" but aren't we supposed to open a new OT Thread or
29 something? My concern is that this mails go to everyone on the list and
30 this could be annoying for many people. I'm not sure what is the right
31 thing we should do?
34 Best regards,
35 Daniel
39 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list