From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Firefox Plugins
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:03:33
On 3/26/06, Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com> wrote:

> > Is there any setup for amd64 users to be able to watch videos on the > web? I also want to be able to watch videos on my computer as well as > DVD's. > > Thanks, > > Jim > -- >
Hi Jim, I'm only moderately successful watching web videos even on my Gentoo 32-bit machines. That said I set up my 32-bit chroot on my 64-bit box identically to my wife's 32-bit machine and it works exactly the same as her machine which is about the best I can ask. To watch DVD, which I do all the time in 64-bit, I use xine. It's works perfectly for me in 64-bit. Note that my use flags for the two environments (64-bit and 32-bit chroot) are not the same. I've found that I have to tone down the 64-bit java environment to get the 32-bit java environment to work correctly. Hope this helps, Mark -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list