From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Firefox Plugins
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:03:33
1 On 3/26/06, Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > Is there any setup for amd64 users to be able to watch videos on the
5 > web? I also want to be able to watch videos on my computer as well as
6 > DVD's.
7 >
8 > Thanks,
9 >
10 > Jim
11 > --
14 Hi Jim,
15 I'm only moderately successful watching web videos even on my
16 Gentoo 32-bit machines. That said I set up my 32-bit chroot on my
17 64-bit box identically to my wife's 32-bit machine and it works
18 exactly the same as her machine which is about the best I can ask.
19
20 To watch DVD, which I do all the time in 64-bit, I use xine. It's
21 works perfectly for me in 64-bit.
22
23 Note that my use flags for the two environments (64-bit and 32-bit
24 chroot) are not the same. I've found that I have to tone down the
25 64-bit java environment to get the 32-bit java environment to work
26 correctly.
27
28 Hope this helps,
29 Mark