From: Brett Johnson <brett@××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] grafics not working
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 15:35:45
On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 03:14:27PM -0000, Gavin wrote:
> On my new inst. (latest) I get nop gfx and no penguin at boooot. Has the support for ati cards alterted?
It sounds like you may have forgot to configure Framebuffer Console Support and/or Logo Configuration-->Bootup Logo. Is this a genkernel or roll-your-own kernel config? Also, if you plan on using X with ATI drivers instead of Framebuffer, you should not use the ATI Framebuffer driver. Use the VESA VGA dirver instead. It is a generic VGA driver that works with most cards and will not conflict with the X ati driver family. -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list