From: hamish@travellingkiwi.com (Hamie)
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] XOrg 6.9
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 13:30:45
WOuld it be impolite of me to ask if XOrg 6.9 is ever going to be
available for amd64? I see that 7.0 (Modularised) version is hard
masked, but it doesn't compile anyway when I unmask it (XServer
fails to copmile. I think I've seen it mentioned here before), but
6.9 doesn't appear to be avail at all..

I COULD compile 6.9 myself from sources, but that produces problems
since X11R6 seems now to have been moved from /usr/X11R6 to being
merged into /usr... It's no longer as simple as moving X11R6 aside &
pointing that elsewhere...

is there a timetable for 7.0 (The reaosn I ask is so I can get the r300
support working, which was fine on the CVS version I was running, but
I'd like to update...

TIA

hamish