From: "Dice R. Random" <dicerandom@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] virtual/x11 - what is it?
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 04:16:53
1 virtual/x11 was set up so that users could use either the Xorg or
2 XFree86 distributions.
3
4 On 9/13/06, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > Hi,
6 > I find that this evening I need to do an upgrade on virtual/x11. I
7 > have no problems doing this but I'm curious - what is virtual/x11? Why
8 > does my AMD64 system need it?
9 >
10 > I did a quick equery depends virtual/x11 and got a long list of
11 > apps that depend on X but I would have thought xorg-x11 would have
12 > satisfied all of those.
13 >
14 > Does this have anything to do with a chroot'ed 32-bit environment I
15 > built on the machine but am not really maintaining very closely?
16 >
17 > Thanks in advance,
18 > Mark
19 > --