From: Barry Schwartz <chemoelectric@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Kernel-3.3.0 and Nvidia-drivers
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 00:02:55
1 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> skribis:
2 > And how would one use CUDA if we gave up nvidia-drivers? Does nouveau
3 > support all the CUDA stuff?
4
5 I think they may have reverse engineered CUDA, but whether it is
6 implemented I don’t know, and I wouldn’t want to be the one to test
7 it, either. :)
8
9 I’m donating processor time with boinc and that’s good enough reason
10 to use the binary driver if it gives me more processor to donate.
11
12 (Waiting before installing anything new is painful, I know, because
13 with Gentoo you always feel like you want it to be doing something, or
14 at least that’s my experience. :) )