From: Barry Schwartz <chemoelectric@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Kernel-3.3.0 and Nvidia-drivers
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 00:02:55
Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> skribis:
> And how would one use CUDA if we gave up nvidia-drivers? Does nouveau > support all the CUDA stuff?
I think they may have reverse engineered CUDA, but whether it is implemented I don’t know, and I wouldn’t want to be the one to test it, either. :) I’m donating processor time with boinc and that’s good enough reason to use the binary driver if it gives me more processor to donate. (Waiting before installing anything new is painful, I know, because with Gentoo you always feel like you want it to be doing something, or at least that’s my experience. :) )