From: Luigi Pinna <mailing-gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: arts
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 02:39:46
Alle 01:10, sabato 09 luglio 2005, Alexey Maslennikov ha scritto:
> As far as I remember, /dev/dsp is only used with OSS. > In case you use ALSA, it is created by OSS emulation. Possibly OSS > emulation modules are not loaded. Module names are something like > snd_*_oss. > > P.S. I can be very wrong about it.
Sorry, I have a question: can you use arts without problems? If I use arts, it crashs often and freeze the computer... Usually I can't login in a session where one or two programs, that they use arts, must be open (a restored session). If I do that, the computer freeze immediately. Am I alone? I recompiled KDE without arts support now, but I have no system sound and kopete sound... Luigi -- Public key GPG(0x073A0960) on http://keyserver.linux.it/