From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] USB flash drive mount point fun
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:58:29
1 Lukas Oliva wrote:
2 > Just a guess, do you unmount it?
3 >
4 > On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 15:49:48 +0200, Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
5 > wrote:
6 >
7 >> Can anyone tell me why my USB flash drive, while connected to my laptop
8 >> would bounce from /media/sda1, to sdb1, to sdc1, to sdd1, to sde1?
9 >>
10 >> I had to guess the correct mount point 3 times while copying files over.
11 >> I would like to assume one of the latest updates has done this, but I
12 >> can't be sure. It's never done that before. Ideas?
17 During the time while I was copying the files? No. It was connected
18 and mounted the entire time. I've never seen a mounted device
19 unmount/remount at a different mount point before. It's bizarre.
23 Da mihi sis bubulae frustrum assae, solana tuberosa in modo gallico
24 fricta, ac quassum lactatum coagulatum crassum
27 Mark Haney
28 Sr. Systems Administrator
29 ERC Broadband
30 (828) 350-2415
31
32 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support
33 --
34 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list