From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Outside of portage (was Re: [gentoo-amd64] Kernel-3.3.0 and Nvidia-drivers)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 21:03:15
Barry Schwartz wrote:
> Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> skribis: >> I hope lilo stays around forever. It is a sensible choice. > > Lilo is good; it checks your work for you. The bootloader isn’t really > an operating system feature, in my view, because if you have more than > one OS they are all going to use the same bootloader (not counting > chaining). > >
This is odd, I switched away from lilo when I was dual booting two Linux OS's. The things you are talking about being good are the reasons I switched. lol I been using grub, legacy, for a long time and I have no complaints about it. For me, it works better than lilo ever did. The new grub may change things tho. May being the key word. Dale :-) :-) -- I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words! Miss the compile output? Hint: EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"