From: Alexey Maslennikov <alexey.maslennikov@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: arts
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:46:47
1 Make sure you have specified the full path of the player.
2 Make sure you have disabled arts.
3
4 And again, it works for notifications only.
5
6 On Monday 11 July 2005 19:04, Luigi Pinna wrote:
7 > Alle 14:01, sabato 09 luglio 2005, Duncan ha scritto:
8 > > Run kcontrol and switch to Sound and Multimedia, System Notifications
9 > > (or run kcmshell kcmnotify, to get the specific applet directly),
10 > > click the Player Settings button, then the Use an external player
11 > > radiobutton in the resulting dialog. Enter or browse to the player
12 > > you want to use, hit apply, and test the results. Note that you may
13 > > have to play around with command line options such as volume and the
14 > > like, for your selected player.
15 >
16 > I tried it but it doesn't work.
17 > I selected alsaplayer (like you) and I tested alsaplayer alone, but with
18 > KDE no chance...
19 > What did you do? Only selected the player? Can you help me?
20 > Thanks,
21 > Luigi
24 Alexey Maslennikov
25 Oracle DBA and developer