From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo AMD64 <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] 802.11ac USB adapter support
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 02:06:52
1 Does anyone have any experience yet concerning 802.11ac USB adapters?
2 My new router is dual band:
3
4 802.11-b/g/n @ 2.4GHz
5
6 802.11-a/n/ac @ 5.0GHz
7
8 the idea being you can use both bands with different devices within
9 the home. Anyway, bein the router is Netgear I was looking at maybe
10 getting an A6200 USB adapter for my wife's laptop but so far I haven't
11 found kernel support.
12
13 Anyway, I Was looking through 3.10.10 and didn't spot any support. It
14 seems that possibly Netgear has a driver that you can download but
15 whether it's Open Source I haven't looked into yet.
16
17 Possibly all USB NICs use some driver I'm not familiar with?
18
19 Any info appreciated.
20
21 Thanks,