From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Now I have a problem with l32 too
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 01:26:28
1 On 12/19/05, Billy Holmes <billy@××××××.net> wrote:
2 > Mark Knecht wrote:
3 > > The tmp directories do seem to be shared at the moment. In 64-bit the
4 > > results are below. I'm not sure how to check this in the 32-bit area
5 > > but the presumption is that it's /tmp inside that environment.
6 >
7 > ah.. try sharing your /home as well:
8 >
9 > mount --bind /home /mnt/gentoo32/home
10 >
11 > if you can. That's how mine is setup. it could be an ~/.Xauthority issue...
12 > --
13 > gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list
17 OK, but before I do that I still have not created users in the
18 chroot'ed environment. Should I do that before I share the /home? I
19 know you Linux gurus totally get this stuff but I worry about creating
20 a user killing an existing setup or something like that. Also, do I
21 need to make sure user IDs, groups, passwords are consistent between
22 the two environments?
23
24 None of this was covered by the chroot howto so I've been going very slowly.
25
26 Thanks,
27 Mark
30 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list