From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: boot Gentoo from USB key
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 17:09:13
1 Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com> posted
2 1210079881.6197.36.camel@×××××××××××××.com, excerpted below, on Tue, 06
3 May 2008 15:18:01 +0200:
4
5 > I confirm that passing -I 128 to mkfs.ext2 fixes the problem, now grub
6 > finds the stage files and installs happily on the ext2 partition.
7 >
8 > thanks again,
9
10 Happy to be of help, but it's coincidence, really. I read the thread
11 here, then one of my RSS feeds had that article the next day... and I put
12 two and two and two together including the Gentoo-dev thread I had read
13 earlier, but hadn't realized the significance of at the time. Still,
14 glad to pass it on once I got all the pieces and realized they fit. =8^)
19 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
22 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list