From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Successful
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 20:00:36
1 On Monday 03 April 2006 21:48, Tamal wrote:
2 > I have successfully installed Gentoo linux. But I have a question. When
3 > installing stage 3 tarball the portage didn't give me the provision to
4 > select my editor, shell, etc. The warning for USE is confusing. Also when
5 > installing gnome it didn't give me any provision to select sub-programs in
6 > gnome.
7
8 hm? what do you mean? You can install every editor you want - even vi(m), and
9 use it. You can set EDITOR in /etc/rc.conf to any editor you want, so what
10 is the problem?
11
12 About the shells.. well somebody else have to answer that, but AFAIR portage
13 needs bash.. but you can use any other shell for yourself.
14 --
15 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list