From: Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: OFF-TOPIC but ... you will lough !!!
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 14:51:18
[OT]

Paul de Vrieze wrote:

> The worst part of it is that I believe that there are methods that will > allow you to make a file with such an illegal name (the API is not > consistent). Of course the file then becomes hard to use or delete ;-).
30 years ago I worked with a stream editor and paper tape. The editor wouldn't read a line longer than 80 chars*, but it would happily output one. I spent many happy hours with a unipunch blotting out characters until the offending line was short enough. Paperless office? Yeah. * I may have the wrong number here. [/OT] -- Rgds Prof Punch. -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list