From: Rudmer van Dijk <rudmer.van.dijk@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Warning bash-3.1 serious issue starting init scripts bug #115142
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 08:23:01
On Monday 12 December 2005 08:29, Steve Herber wrote:
> I ran into the same problem but I could get a root prompt. I found that > a number of /etc/init.d/scripts and some of the portage support scripts > contained lines like this: > > local -a umods=()
as mentiond in the bug
> or something like that. It seems the new 3.1 bash does not like the > =() syntax. I just removed the =() from the ones I found causing reboot > problems, at least until I got my network link back. Then I masked out > the new version and reverted to the previous version.
and now you need to re-emerge baselayout since the scripts do not work correctly anymore. I had done the same so I could get my network up and search on bugzilla and this list for a known cause. That worked but then net.lo wants to use dhcp... re-emerging baselayout fixed it. (or if you didn't forget to backup the scripts you edited, revert to those backups) Rudmer -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list