From: Joaquim Quinteiro Uchoa <joaquim.uchoa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Problem with Firefox 2
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:45:27
1 Hello, I'm having a problem with Firefox 2. Every time I start the
2 browser, I see the following message:
3
4 Bon Echo could not install this item because "install.rdf" (provided
5 by the item) is not well-formed or does not exist. Please contact the
6 author about this problem.
7
8 The title of the message is "Malformed file".
9
10 I click in a "Ok" button and the browser starts. So, it works, but this sucks.
11
12 Well, I've tried several things, including starting with -jsconsole
13 and using a new profile. I can see anything wrong in
14 /usr/lib64/mozilla-firefox/extensions:
15
16 {972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}
17 inspector@×××××××.org
18 langpack-pt-BR@×××××××××××××××.org
19 langpack-pt-PT@×××××××××××××××.org
20
21 All I need is a way to see what file is being mentioned by Firefox.
22 The message is not clear, I have no reference about which extension
23 is causing the problem.
24
25 So, how I can find the origin of this?
30 []s
31 Joaquim
33 (o_ Joaquim Quinteiro Uchoa
34 //\ Consultor Linux e EaD