From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: GCC-4.5.2 Has Serious Problems
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 01:05:47
On Fri, 01 Jul 2011 02:44:36 +0300
Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> wrote:

> > And here you can read more thorough information about strict aliasing: > > http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/06/10/type-punning-and-strict-aliasing >
You've saved the day in more ways than one. A few days ago I posted about a possible problem with a floating point test called the UCBTEST. After examining the source code of this test, I see violations of aliasing rules throughout. It's hard to efficiently manipulate variables without them. Of course, this code was written before the C99 standard and so is exempt. But the use of "-fno-strict-aliasing" will apply with the UCBTEST as well. Thanks again for the information. Frank Peters