From: Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Unexpected side effect of GCC 4
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 10:16:10
1 On Sunday 05 November 2006 08:45, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > Now that I've finally managed to build a full system using GCC 4.1.1 on
4 > the workstation, I find its rsync traffic has leapt to full speed with no
5 > collisions to speak of. I'm not complaining, mind, but this is a puzzle.
6 > As far as I know I haven't changed anything else - certainly the firewall
7 > box has been running continuously throughout.
8
9 This morning, however, it's back to crippled rsync. I have changed
10 something - I've put /tmp on tmpfs as in another thread. Surely that can't
11 have done it?
14 Rgds
15 Peter
16 --