From: Tonko <tonko.mulder@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] To multilib or Not to multilib!?
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 18:27:56
1 On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 7:21 PM, Tom <uebershark@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi List!
3 >
4 > After following the thread about the icedtea build on amd64 I found
5 > myself wondering if it would make sense for me to change to
6 > a non-multilib setup.
7 >
8 > So how is the status of that specific profile, how stable, and more
9 > importantly how feature rich can it be?
10 >
11 > Java seems to be getting close to a non issue, but what about flash for
12 > instance? I know there's now a native 64version of adobe's plugin (I'm
13 > using it right now) but I don't know about its dependencies.
14 No dependencies as far as I'm aware of, just set it as a plugin for
15 opera or firefox
16 >
17 > Other things spring to mind, certain codec-packs, multimedia in
18 > general.
19 > And of course wine, virtualization etc.
20 Wine is a no go, since that's 32-bit. virtualization like kvm is
21 working like a charm on my no-multilib laptop
22 >
23 > So can anybody provide some insight into how things are generally
24 > going in non-multilib-land?!
25 >
26 > Thanks
27 >