From: Charles Read <gentoolist@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] G2 on an HP dv5000... need help w/ WiFi and Ethernet
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 16:29:51
Hey everybody!

I just got an HP Pavillion dv5000 with the Turion 64 chip,  I used
the gentoo x86-64 discs and the install went well, the system boots
fine.   But gentoo doesnt recognize my built-in wifi (by Broadcom I
think, but I can't seem to find out which chipset it uses) and it
also doesnt recognize my ethernet card (I think a Realtek 8139
810x ), I have tried 'modprobe 8139cp' but ifconfig shows only lo.  I
haven't messed w/ linux in a while, can somebody please point me in
the right direction?  I have tried googling but I am evidently
missing something.

Thanks in advance!

Charles Read