From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Anyone else running the KDE 3.5-rc1? Trouble with kmail?
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:58:50
1 kmail-3.5.0-rc1 crashes when trying to retrieve POP3 mail, here. If
2 there's no mail to retrieve, it's fine. The crashes have resulted in a
3 number of different messages to a konsole used to invoke kmail,
4 including sig-11/segv, sig-6/abrt, and an error having to do with
5 mime/base64 decoding, something about an inline pad character encountered.
6
7 Reverting (using emerge --nodeps to keep from reverting a bunch of other
8 stuff) to kmail-3.5.0-beta2 got me up and working again, with no issues.
9
10 Other unstable/testing-masked packages here, that may play a part:
11 glibc-2.3.6, gcc-4.0.2 and associated binutils updates. -beta2 was
12 compiled with gcc-4.0.2 and the newer binutils, and works fine, however,
13 so that isn't it unless there's an issue with a code change between
14 kmail beta2 and rc1. glibc could be implicated, however, as I was running
15 a 2.3.5.2005mmdd snapshot until just before I did the rc1 compile. (I had
16 started the rc1 merge, but had issues with unfound tarballs, so resynced,
17 and the glibc update came in with the resync as well as the kde ebuild
18 unfound tarball issue resolution. Yes, I ran into the glibc symlink issue
19 but fortunately was able to resolve it and that's another story anyway.)
20 glibc-2.3.6-rc1 is available for merge according to portage, but I've not
21 merged it yet.
26 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
27 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
31 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list