From: cristi <cuciferus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] nvidia X server issue
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 15:02:58
1 On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 23:10:36 -0500
2 Kyle Liddell <kyle@××××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > The current nvidia drivers don't support xorg 7.1 (xorg-server
5 > 1.1.*). You can either downgrade xorg-server, or switch to the nv
6 > driver (that's what I did). The official nvidia drivers will
7 > probably get xorg 7.1 support in the next revision, which should
8 > happen RealSoonNow, since the latest Windoze version of the drivers
9 > came out a few days ago.
10 >
11 I've also dropped the nvidia binary driver, though i got direct render
12 working, because gave me real funny effects on my fonts(dissaperaing
13 text & such). the nv driver will have to do the trick till the next
14 nvidia drivers comiple with the new xorg abi(something something)
15 --
16 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list