From: Drake Donahue <donahue95@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Grub upgrade note.
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 18:46:45
1 ----- Original Message -----
2 From: "Michael George" <george@××××××××××.com>
3 To: <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
4 Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 1:50 PM
5 Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Grub upgrade note.
8 > On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 08:49:13AM -0500, Barry Schwartz wrote:
9 >> Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org> skribis:
10 >> > I've done some grub installs in the past, but this is a new one on me.
11 >> > What
12 >> > exactly does install the new version's 'stage1' mean? How do I do what
13 >> > this is telling me to do?
14 >>
15 >> That's the part where you write a new MBR. It's explained in the
16 >> Gentoo GRUB Install howto.
17 >>
18 >> This is why I leave grub out of my world file.
19 >
20 > I upgraded grub and when I start it, it doesn't seem to see any disks.
21 > I am trying to run:
22 > root (hd0,2)
23 > setup (hd0)
24 >
25 > But hitting the <TAB> key at "root (" doesn't report any options back to
26 > me. Why would that be?
29 <tab> working fine here now
30 used to not work here but grub worked fine nonetheless
31 what results when you enter root (hd0,2)?
34 > I guess I'd better downgrade back to what I had prior until I figure
35 > that out...
36 >
37 > --
38 > -M
39 >
40 > There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
41 > Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.
42 >
43 > --
44 > gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list
48 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list