From: "P.V.Anthony" <pvantony@×××××××××××.sg>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Need advice on web permissions.
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 04:17:13
1 Hi,
2
3 I need help with permissions for a folder on a server for web hosting.
4 The permissions should be secure but must allow for ftp also. It is a
5 very basic question, please bear with me.
6
7 The web server is apache and the user and group for the web server is
8 apache. Pureftpd is used for the ftp server.
9
10 Now the domain1.com is being hosted in a folder called domain_1.com and
11 domain2.com is being hosted in a folder called domain_2.com.
12
13 Thinking of giving the following permission for the folders.
14
15 permission user group folder
16 drwxrwx--- domain_1.com domain_1.com domain_1.com
17 drwxrwx--- domain_2.com domain_2.com domain_2.com
18 drwxrwx--- domain_3.com domain_3.com domain_3.com
19
20 Then apache will be member of groups, domain_1.com, domain_2.com and
21 domain_3.com.
22
23 Is this correct and secure? Is there another better way?
24
25 P.V.Anthony