From: Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: arts
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 11:00:50
1 Duncan wrote:
2
3 >Benny Pedersen posted
4 ><36728.80.166.75.19.1120793029.squirrel@×××××××××.org>, excerpted below,
5 >on Fri, 08 Jul 2005 05:23:49 +0200:
9 >>Sound server informational message:
10 >>Error while initializing the sound driver: device /dev/dsp can't be opened
11 >>(Permission denied) The sound server will continue, using the null output
12 >>device.
15 >There was just a problem with that, with the new udev-061, now masked
16 >pending a fix. However, if you're running 058, that shouldn't be the one
17 >you are having.
21 I hope I'm not hijacking this thread ;-) but can anyone tell me
22 what creates /dev/dsp in the first place? On this newly reinstalled
23 Xfce4 system it doesn't exist, even though the kernel sound modules do
24 and have been loaded.
27 Rgds
28 Peter Humphrey
29 Linux Counter 5290, Aug 93.