From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] About to install on a 64 bit system. Advice wanted.
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 17:21:12
Mark Knecht wrote:
> 2010/12/9 Mateusz Arkadiusz Mierzwinski<mateuszmierzwinski@×××××.com>: > >> Dale, I tell You one thing - choose multilib. This don't do nothing wrong. >> You can use 32-bit app compatibility and this don't reduce performance of >> overall system. >> > Agreed. I think the only downside is _slightly_ slower emerge times > which with modern processors like Dale is going to use shouldn't be > much of an issue at all. I don't know of any other negative side > effects. > > Cheers, > Mark > >
Again, things are in flux here. You folks may have to look at time stamps to see where my brain is at any given point. It sounds like I need to go multilib for now and when everything gets sorted out for pure 64 bit, then switch to pure 64. I say this because I can switch from mulitlib to no-multilib without reinstalling. The reverse is not the case and requires a re-install. Correct? I'm glad I came on here and asked questions now. O_O Dale :-) :-) P. S. I got more replies to read. Watch me change my mind again. lol