From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] windowmaker and kdm not working
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 14:12:40
1 On Monday 07 November 2005 14:46, DR GM SEDDON wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 > My Gentoo system graphics work when I s'tartx' However, I defined
4 > 'wmaker' as my default in '/etc/rc.conf'. When I startx I get a
5 > windowmanager similar to the windowmaker I am used to but instead of
6 > the 3 icons on the top right and the desktopswitcher on the left I only
7 > have a clock. Is this correct?
8 >
9 > Also, I have set my default runlevel to 5 in '/etc/inittab' and chose
10 > kdm as my prefered login method. But when I boot I always get a
11 > console login. Kdm runs if I btype 'kdm'. It doesn't give me the
12 > option of windowmaker and the default won't start anything.
13 >
14 > Can anyone help?
15
16 The location of some windowmaker applications apparently changed some
17 while ago. Perhaps your configuration files point to the wrong locations.
18
19 Paul
22 Paul de Vrieze
23 Gentoo Developer