From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Boot Problems... /dev/sda
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 21:46:17
1 Mario A Wojcik <mariowojcik@×××××××××.ar> posted
2 44FE241D.5010004@×××××××××.ar, excerpted below, on Tue, 05 Sep 2006
3 22:27:57 -0300:
4
5 > For a time I have been having the following problem with my Gentoo:
6 > Each N reinitiated, requests to me to run fsck and it says to me that
7 > the partition root has problems of inconsistencies. Once repaired the
8 > errors, he boot but I must give a Yes to each option. I saw that way
9 > that, in they debian for example, is possible to be specified that
10 > opcion in etc repairs without asking with etc/defaults.
11
12 For the option, the fsck manpage says -y is auto-yes for some filesystem
13 types, and refers you to the appropriate filesystem specific manpage. I
14 use reiserfs here, which takes it for some cases but not when used with
15 --rebuild-tree.
16
17 Gentoo's baselayout, at least the 1.12 series now both stable and ~arch
18 are running, doesn't appear to use the normal /etc/conf.d/<service> config
19 files for checkroot and checkfs that it uses for other services. I've
20 maintained local modifications for some time, however, that use a conf.d
21 file with my own switches in it, and don't use those in the default
22 service files at all.
23
24 So... to add the -y or any other switches you wish, modify the checkroot
25 and checkfs scripts directly, either adding your switches directly as
26 appropriate, or to use a conf.d file with your switches in it, as I did.
27
28 You will of course need to understand a bit of bash scripting to be able
29 to correctly parse and update the scripts, and will need to ensure that
30 your make.conf CONFIG_PROTECT and CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK settings are set to
31 protect your changes so an update doesn't just blindly overwrite them.
36 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
39 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list