From: Daiajo Tibdixious <daiajo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64 <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: ALSA no sound
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 06:15:28
1 linux # aplay -L
2 null
3 Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
4 default:CARD=SB
5 HDA ATI SB, ALC887-VD Analog
6 Default Audio Device
7 sysdefault:CARD=SB
8 HDA ATI SB, ALC887-VD Analog
9 Default Audio Device
10 front:CARD=SB,DEV=0
11 HDA ATI SB, ALC887-VD Analog
12 Front speakers
13 surround21:CARD=SB,DEV=0
14 HDA ATI SB, ALC887-VD Analog
15 2.1 Surround output to Front and Subwoofer speakers
16 surround40:CARD=SB,DEV=0
17 HDA ATI SB, ALC887-VD Analog
18 4.0 Surround output to Front and Rear speakers
19 surround41:CARD=SB,DEV=0
20 HDA ATI SB, ALC887-VD Analog
21 4.1 Surround output to Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
22 surround50:CARD=SB,DEV=0
23 HDA ATI SB, ALC887-VD Analog
24 5.0 Surround output to Front, Center and Rear speakers
25 surround51:CARD=SB,DEV=0
26 HDA ATI SB, ALC887-VD Analog
27 5.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
28 surround71:CARD=SB,DEV=0
29 HDA ATI SB, ALC887-VD Analog
30 7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers
31 hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0
32 HDA ATI HDMI, HDMI 0
33 HDMI Audio Output
34
35 The sound in the java app was short lived, cut out after a few mins,
36 been silent since.
37