From: Alastair Murray <alastairmurray42@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] How To Play WMV?
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 10:38:20
1 Daniel Iliev wrote:
2
3 > Please, advise me how to set up an amd64 based system to play clips of
4 > "*.wmv" format or send me a link to some information on this subject.
5
6 If you install the most recent version of xine-lib in portage (it is
7 both unstable and masked as it is a pre-release version) and then unmask
8 all the dependencies that requires you can get some wmv9 playback using
9 xine.
10
11 This is because FFmpeg has had initial VC-1 (a wmv9 superset) support
12 added over summer. It is still pretty buggy though, I'm finding colours
13 look weird in many videos, but this will be fixed over time. When
14 people are mentioning earlier versions of xine will play some *.wmv
15 files they are possible wmv7 or 8, or different files with an incorrect
16 extension.
17
18 Alastair.
21 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list