From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] How to run a divx file?
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 14:32:23
1 On Thursday 22 May 2008, Beso wrote:
2 > 2008/5/22 Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>:
3 > > On Thursday 22 May 2008, Mark Haney wrote:
4 > > > Paul Stear wrote:
5 > > > > Hi all,
6 > > > > I have a divx video file but can't seem to get it to run, the
7 > > > > players state :-
8 > > > > The content of this media file is blocked. It seems like you are
9 > > > > not using the right media player to play this file.
10 > > > > You should visit http://divxmovienow.com.
11 > > > > Does this mean that gentoo has no player that can run divx files?
12 > >
13 > > <snip>
14 > > It seems that I have my facts wrong the file extension is
15 > > HDV.XviD.avi -- Can I play this on gentoo?
16 <snip>
17 > it seems that i've been beaten by mark on the drm issue. anyway, with
18 > the right codec, ie:
19 >
20 > - x264
21 > - libvorbis
22 > - libtheora
23 > - win32codecs
24 > - ffmpeg
25 > - xine-lib
26 > - kaffeine
27 >
28 > you'll be able to play all the files that aren't drm protected. here
29 > are the use flags that i use and they work, usually.
30 <snip>
31 Thanks for the info, I'll be checking my use flags and the list above.
32 Paul
35 This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux
36 --
37 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list