From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: Re: [OT] error message
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 23:30:13
Andrey Schwedovitch posted <43A6A0FA.1070003@×××××××.mps>, excerpted
below,  on Mon, 19 Dec 2005 15:00:58 +0300:

> Duncan wrote: > >>The APM thing is legacy power management. You get the warning because >>you probably have newer equipment that doesn't use that old power >>management stuff any more. You can eliminate the warning by placing An >>'Option "NoPM"' line in your xorg, in 'Section "ServerFlags"'. The newer >>power management stuff should continue to operate normally, or it does >>here, anyway. >> > NoPM disables only APM or completely disables power managment (ACPI, APM > etc.) ?
I /believe/ it only disables APM. Either that, or what it disables, KDE later enables due to the settings I have in it. In any case, it works the way I expect, that being I don't get the warning, but my monitors continue to go into power saving mode after the usual timeout, in X/KDE. Naturally, try it. If it works for you, use it. If it doesn't, don't. However, I can't see that specifically turning off something that the warning says is disabled anyway, thus avoiding that warning, will change anything except getting the warning. <g>
> GOOGLE is a great tool!!! :-) > > Tip to disable "RenderAccel" in xorg.conf helps me! :-)
Google is very cool for this sort of thing, indeed. =8^) -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list