From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: Re: [OT] error message
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 23:30:13
1 Andrey Schwedovitch posted <43A6A0FA.1070003@×××××××.mps>, excerpted
2 below, on Mon, 19 Dec 2005 15:00:58 +0300:
3
4 > Duncan wrote:
5 >
6 >>The APM thing is legacy power management. You get the warning because
7 >>you probably have newer equipment that doesn't use that old power
8 >>management stuff any more. You can eliminate the warning by placing An
9 >>'Option "NoPM"' line in your xorg, in 'Section "ServerFlags"'. The newer
10 >>power management stuff should continue to operate normally, or it does
11 >>here, anyway.
12 >>
13 > NoPM disables only APM or completely disables power managment (ACPI, APM
14 > etc.) ?
15
16 I /believe/ it only disables APM. Either that, or what it disables, KDE
17 later enables due to the settings I have in it. In any case, it works the
18 way I expect, that being I don't get the warning, but my monitors continue
19 to go into power saving mode after the usual timeout, in X/KDE.
20
21 Naturally, try it. If it works for you, use it. If it doesn't, don't.
22 However, I can't see that specifically turning off something that the
23 warning says is disabled anyway, thus avoiding that warning, will change
24 anything except getting the warning. <g>
25
26 > GOOGLE is a great tool!!! :-)
27 >
28 > Tip to disable "RenderAccel" in xorg.conf helps me! :-)
29
30 Google is very cool for this sort of thing, indeed. =8^)
35 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
36 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
40 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list