From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Multilib or not?
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 11:34:52
1 Tonko <tonko.mulder@×××××.com> posted
2 43ba12950811270223v6b6c89c7r9e0086a0814ee69b@××××××××××.com, excerpted
3 below, on Thu, 27 Nov 2008 11:23:01 +0100:
4
5 > This seemed to have worked, as my lvm2 script starts nicely :) I thought
6 > there a warning during boot-time but can't find in my rc.log
9 If your installation is similar to mine, there's a warning at boot when
10 lvm2 first starts and tries to write that it's starting to its log file.
11 Since my normal /var/log is an lvm2 logical volume, lvm2's log can't be
12 kept there, so I have it pointed at someplace on /, but / is still
13 mounted read-only at the point lvm2 starts, so writing to its log file
14 doesn't work at that point. It would later (if something should suddenly
15 go wrong with lvm2 and it should need to log that), but not at the point
16 it normally starts in the boot process.
17
18 I could try to figure out a way around that, reordering the services so /
19 is mounted rw before lvm starts, or some other hack, but I've not done so
20 yet. I know what the warning is and that it's normal at that point given
21 my config, so I simply don't worry about it.
26 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman