From: David Fellows <fellows@×××.ca>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Now I have a problem with l32 too
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 03:22:10
Yes - for your sanity. For just one or two users you might just use useradd inside the chroot and give it the same parameters as in 64 land. Here's the command I used when I set my personal chroot up a year or so ago (from my notes) useradd -g 1006 -u 1006 -G 5,10,11,16,18,19,100 fellows passwd fellows Obviously you have to use your uid, gid an groups list values. I quickly decided I did not want to use the sam personal home directory for both environments. So I did this (again from my notes) I created on 64 /home/fellows/home32, copied ~/{.bashrc,bash_profile, .ssh} to it. On 32 I did usermod -d /home/fellows/home32 fellows to make a different home directory This way I could do selective sharing by means of copying or symlinks yet keep 32 and 64 bit versions of programs from using the same "dot" files. Dave F -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list