From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Alsa Config keeps disappearing
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 20:41:12
1 On Montag 29 Juni 2009, sean wrote:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 > > On Montag 29 Juni 2009, sean wrote:
4 > >> After a system startup I have to rerun alsaconfig to get sound working.
5 > >>
6 > >> Is anyone able to give me any clues on how to track down why the config
7 > >> needs to be redone after a startup?
8 > >>
9 > >> Thanks
10 > >> Sean
11 > >
12 > > what do you mean with 'Get working'? And why do you have to redo it? Is
13 > > the config gone after a boot? Or do you just forgot to add alsa to
14 > > default?
15 >
16 > Alsa is started at boot.
17 >
18 > For example, you wanted to listen to a CD or play a DVD, there is no
19 > sound. I have to run alsaconfig again to get sound working again.
20 > Once that is done, the CD or DVD will play with sound.
21 >
22 > I use xine for both CD and DVD, and a xine-out.wav is generated if
23 > alsaconig has not been run again after a system startup.
24
25 you know that channels are muted by default and unmute them, do you?