From: Gavin Seddon <gavin.m.seddon@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] wireless setup from install
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 10:09:48
1 Hi,
2 I have new wireless router which this machine is plugged into. We have
3 a spare P4 here which I want to put Getoo on to keep backups on. The
4 machine will have no kb/m or terminal and be accessed soley by ssh.
5 Naturally I prefer to set up networking from instillation however, this
6 is proving difficult. Can anyone tell me how to achieve this? If this
7 is too difficult I will move the box in here for instillation and set up
8 a wireless connection later. Is this easier?
9 The router is a linksys wireless-g 802.11g . The usb dongle on the pc
10 is asus. If I type lsusb the system can see it.
11 BTW the p4 is temporarily connected to a monitor, kb/m. I have searched
12 the www extensively but nothing seems to anwser my prob. So, if someone
13 can point to a url this would be useful.
14 )Thanks.
15 Gavin.
16 --
17 Dr Gavin Seddon
18 School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
19 University of Manchester
20 Oxford Road, Manchester
21 M13 9PL, U.K.
24 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list