From: Bob Young <BYoung@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-amd64] Re: How To Play WMV (thread drift - slaveryware)
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 21:49:58
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: felix@×××××××.com [mailto:felix@×××××××.com]
3 > Sent: Friday, September 29, 2006 2:09 PM
4 > To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: How To Play WMV (thread drift -
6 > slaveryware)
9 > On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 01:41:36PM -0700, Bob Young wrote:
10 >
11 > > Article 1 - Free exercise of religion: Lots of people every day.
14 > Please give some example from news sources of people today who have to
15 > go to court to enforce those freedoms. Not very many, is it?
16 > Seems
17 > pretty theoretical to me.
20 No one goes to court to "enforce" freedoms, it is the job of the courts, and
21 ultimately, the U.S. Supreme court, to determine whether or not a right
22 delineated in the constitution has been violated. I don't consider Supreme
23 court rulings to be theoretical. OTOH, people exercise their constitutional
24 rights such as freedom of religion, and the right to bear arms, each and
25 every day, there is nothing theoretical about that either, so sorry, I don't
26 understand your point.
27
28 I'll just say again that I think to equate open source with the freedoms
29 granted by the constitution is hyperbolic, silly, and tends to somewhat
30 trivialize the true definition of freedom.
33 Regards
34 Bob Young
38 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list