From: Will Briggs <will@××××××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] chroot emerges hang
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 23:44:11
1 Mike Doty wrote:
2 > Try upgrading pax-utils to app-misc/pax-utils-0.1.11
7 Thanks Mike,
8
9 I solved this just before your email came in. scanelf was having
10 difficulty reading /proc and upon examination I found my fstab had the
11 chroot proc mount bind-ed to /proc rather than mounted as type proc. A
12 dumb mistake - but the interesting thing is that I haven't changed this
13 fstab for months - so perhaps something (2.6.16 kernel?) has got more
14 stricter about handling that sort of error.
15
16 At least I got to play with strace, peer inside scanelf and pull things
17 apart a bit - one of the beauties of gentoo.
18
19 Thanks for the reply,
20
21 Will.