From: Brian Litzinger <brian@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] gcc 4.1.0, emerge -e world
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 22:44:50
1 On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 03:56:50PM -0600, Daemon Xavier wrote:
2 > when emerge -e system I got no errors, the when emerge -e world came along,
3 > well i got past 300 of my 789 packgs for my 64 bit system then i started
4 > gettin errors. It stopped on like 306, but i wanted to compile again, but
5 > havent found a way to start from where i stopped, OH and i cant post that
6 > build error, bc i was in console mode. Now when trying to compile pieces
7 > of my system, emerge -uaD world, i got thru until this:
8
9 I suppose there is a clever way to do this, but here is what I do:
10
11 emerge -ep world > foo
12
13 Then I munge foo into a shell script with a bunch of individual emerge
14 commands.
15
16 Then I just start at wherever it stopped.
17
18 If no one posts the clever or right way to do it, I'll send along
19 my munging script.
22 Brian
23 --
24 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list